Legal Legend Sookie Williams is Retiring After Long DBR Career, What She Plans to do Next Might Surprise You
After 42 years at the Daily Business Review, Sookie Williams, Miami vice president of legal and court relations, is retiring but doesn't plan to slow down.
- Bankruptcy Judge Slaps Sanction on Duane Morris Attorney Rodriguez-Taseff
- How Many Homes Can Pulte Build on $48 Million Acreage it Purchased?
- Royal Caribbean Revenue Drops as Outlook Disappoints
- Remodels Boom as Owners Choose Upgrades Over New Houses
- After Hours: Commercial Industrial Association of South Florida's 15th Annual Industrial Report
- Should've Been Straightforward, But See How a Clerical Error Put BofA on Wrong End of Foreclosure Case
Salmon & Dulberg has picked up two retired judges--Marc Schumacher and Leon Firtel--to add to its stable of mediators.
Shutts & Bowen has named Francis "Frank" Rodriguez partner in charge of its Miami office, succeeding Steven Ebner.
Should've Been Straightforward, But See How a Clerical Error Put BofA on Wrong End of Foreclosure Case
What can go wrong in a foreclosure case went wrong in two Broward Circuit cases--the wrong legal description and a misplaced promissory note in the clerk's office.
Jonathan Minsker has relocated from the New York office of Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman to become co-managiing partner in Miami.
A state appeals court rules the tribe should get back its $72,000 fee spent successfully appealing a $4 million judgment.
Attorney Bruce Zimet, a stand your ground expert, said courts struggle with stand your ground because of the drafting of the law. "What in the world is 'unlawful activity'? It's not defined," Zimet said.
The amended Florida law comes with new mandatory provisions, changes in default rules and other revisions.
With same-sex marriages now taking place throughout Florida, many employers will soon learn how it will affect their businesses and their bottom line.
Attorneys representing businesses facing new mandates under the Affordable Care Act are serving these days as part legal counsel and part psychologist.
Welcome to South Florida, 2014. As in most years, celebrities left their marks. Here are 25 of the most interesting celebrity cases of the year.