Supporters of West Palm Beach lawyer David Prather, a candidate for Florida Bar president, said his 2012 drunken-driving arrest doesn't affect his ability to lead the 100,000-lawyer group.
- This Judge's Dissent Rips Lawyer Who Froze Opponent's Funds
- What's the Point of Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice's New Court Access Commission?
- Tobacco Wars go Global
- Corporate Lawyers in High Demand
- What the Attorney Responsible for Stryker Hip Settlement Says is Strong
- For Judge Bailey, Law Is a Family Tradition
Rokk3r Labs, a Miami Beach company that assists startups, has formed a partnership with DLA Piper's Miami office.
The 500-attorney Philadelphia-based firm is adding its third office in Florida.
In a court ruling that defiies the daughter, Alex Daoud, the disgraced ex-mayor of Miami Beach, may live in his house until he dies.
The Fourth District Court of Appeal has overturned the murder conviction of man charged with gunning down a witness set to testify against him.
There was a common element among all of this year's winners. Each department benefits from the presence of strong leaders assisted by lawyers who are highly committed to their jobs, the goals of their companies and the clients or customers their companies serve.
South Florida managing partners are expressing unprecedented optimism about the future of the legal industry, a clear sign the economic recovery is in full swing.