Steven Yerrid, a Tampa lawyer who helped Florida win a $13 billion settlement from Big Tobacco in 1997, is representing the UCF football player's family and said he was troubled by the Fifth DCA's "broad expansion of sovereign immunity."
- Morgan Lewis in Merger Talks with Bingham McCutchen
- Spy Drones: The Next Challenge for Private Communities
- Obama's Immigration Record Mixed Despite High Hopes
- Record Label Sues Jamie Foxx, Other Artists, For Song Theft
- Florida Supreme Court Justices Did What to Attorney in Controversial Redistricting Case?
- Developers Strive To Resolve Differences Before Litigation
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius is the latest law firm to explore a merger with Boston-based Bingham McCutchen. While Bingham lacks a Florida office, Morgan Lewis has maintained a Miami office since 1977.
Miami partner Jeffrey Shapiro is set to become the first non-Chicago chair of Arnstein & Lehr.
Bar judge says L.A. lawyer was warned about website shots showing her with the likes of Obama and Clooney.
Ford Motor Co. and a parts supplier prevailed in a product liability case in West Palm Beach federal court against a woman suing on behalf of her incapacitated daughter.
The Daily Business Review is proud to announce our second class of Rising Stars—a selection of young South Florida lawyers who are making a difference in the community and will continue to do so in the future.
The industrial market shows some signs of recovery as two high-profile transactions are early signs the South Florida's industrial market is reviving, but the region's landlords are still being pressed to hand out concessions to lure tenants.